2/28/17 Board Meeting Agenda

1 post / 0 new
panda1786
2/28/17 Board Meeting Agenda

Present: Trevor Charles, Jenny Gobin, Jeff Adams, Dan Griffiths, Kayla Olson, Scott Blankenburg, Ryan Baldassario, Chris Cox, Tim Helmecki

  • Overnight Ultimate Camp - Please review Dan's proposal that was sent on Saturday prior to the meeting. 
    • Trevor and Sal Marino have done a lot of work already
      • We would help with registration and insurance, potentially volunteers, promotion through ctul
      • Profit sharing – balance of risk and reward
        • Hothkiss- low fees more profit but not available this year
        • Gunnery is back up- and looks like that’s where it will be this year
        • Sal and Trevor will be contracted to be directors and get coaches (if not usau camp, you don’t need certification, but most coaches have usau level 1 certification anyway- coaches should be responsible for that) lined up
        • Back up- If cant get all certified coaches – we will pay for background checks for chaperones
        • Kids have to be affiliated (not covered in $475)– need at least 15 kids are planning for 4 teams worth (shooting for 60 and they just need to know and prepare for more dorms)
        • $3500 deposit for the minimum number of kids ($240 per kid so if we pay $3500 regardless until we surpass that based on number of kids signed up)
        • Liability- insurance – you can do insurance through usau and gunnery for overnight- need to doublecheck youth camps insurance and make sure they are all overnight
          • 1:10 kids for amount of chaperones needed
        • Other expenses on graph and it is dependent on how many kids sign up
      • What is needed from CUC- deposit is due june 1st (so we could back out if are getting the sense that we wont get 15), we are taking on the financial burden the first year
        • each coach will cost about $1000 ($750 payment, $240 lodging to gunnery)
      • For this year, we are assuming the risk for the first year – so Sal and Trevor would make 250-750 contingent on profit -
        • in future years if go to Hotchkiss where there is not much cost, we would pay 80% to Sal and Trevor  (or who ever is running the camp) and then we would keep 20% since they are doing all of the work
      • need to look into if this would count as a sale for us but other camps that Trevor has run he claims tax in his return but does not have to add sales tax to cost to kids
    • Scott to put trevor in touch with jay cohen who has worked with ymca camps
    • Board vote: dan proposes, jenny seconds, total votes 8
  • Husky Sports (Ryan B/Jenny) 
    • Has a contact so they are going to contact him and see how they can collaborate with them
      • How we can get college kids involved from our local college teams
        • A lot of college teams are now being required to do do volunteer activities so it will be a good opportunity for our college teams
        • So we just have to get more info on how to get the kids involved, back ground checks, chaperones needed
  • Fundraising (Ryan B)     
    • Hooker brewery- Friday and sat nights – we pay flat rate and then we can charge whatever rate we want for people to come
      • We would pay upfront cost, and then order pizzas etc and then charge $20, can be anywhere up to 300 ppl
      • Baldy can do more research but wanted to make sure that enough board members were interested- many are so he is going to look more into it
        • We could also make CUC glasses and include it in the $20 fee if that amount makes sense
    • Received a check from united way for $218
  • Summer League planning (field statuses, numbers, jerseys, etc)
    • Season Dates- first week in june- Aug 12 (13th rain date)
    • Field Sites-
      • Dan Griffiths talked to Wethersfield- totally onboard for cove park and other sites if needed
      • Cromwell contact retired- is now charging field sites- $25 per hour for non profit
      • Turf farm- Dan G contacted Derek Meredith but he has not answered
      • South Windsor field site- multiple field sites is a possibility
      • Cheshire- have not reached out yet because going to contact soccer club first so waiting for them to have a schedule first- mid to late march- usually does not open until third week of june
      • Summited application for sage park
      • Wesleyan- maybe contact to see
    • Jersey Orders/Themes/ discs
      • Scott wants to open vote out to all of club
      • Going to send designs to discraft ahead of time to see if there are copyright issues
      • Kayla is ordering and doing votes, scott is helping with setting up forms and setting up theme voting
      • Going to send out logo and designs sooner than later
    • Captains – Jeff and Ryan B will contact captains
    • Draft- setting up hotel order – Jenny – usually tues/wed 5/31
    • Registration
      • Dates- 2nd or 3rd week april to 5/21 mid day
      • Fees? Talk to Ken about numbers from last year
    • The (at least) three things Jeff left off this list
      • 1. Kick off- Sat 17th (sat 10th is back up)- cox
      • 2. Bar discounts- Chris Cox
      • 3.  Next meeting – first week in april- Ken Evitts will hopefully come and present the numbers